HOK was established St. Louis, Missouri, in 1955. The firm’s name is derived from the surnames of its three founding partners: George Hellmuth,Gyo Obata and George Kassabaum, all graduates of the School of Architecture at Washington University in St. Louis. The design firm started with 26 employees and its three founders.
As of 2013, HOK is the largest U.S.-based architecture-engineering firm and the third-largest interior design firm.The firm maintains more than 1,600 professional staff across a global network of 24 offices and is active in all major architectural specialties. Its senior leaders are located in several different locations across the world.
The offices’ locations are:
United States: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, St. Louis, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa, Washington, DC
Canada: Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver
Asia Pacific: Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore
Europe: London, HOK Euronet – affiliated firms in Amsterdam, Brussels, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Rome
Middle East: Dubai
HOK’s latest projects include:
- Oregon State Hospital, Salem and Junction City, Ore., USA
- Wishard Eskenazi Hospital and Health Campus, Indianapolis, Ind., USA
- St. Barts & The Royal London Hospitals, London, UK
- Rhine Ordnance Barracks Medical Center Replacement, Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Ng Teng Fong General Hospital and Jurong Community Hospital, Jurong, Singapore
Here are some pictures of their latest projects.
Hope you enjoyed reading and learning a bit about HOK, one of the world’s biggest architecture firms.
Stay tuned for more and don’t forget to subscribe to our blog.
Have a great week!